Windows Server Automation engineer
For our customer we are seeking for a Senior automation engineer combining strong scripting and windows system administration skills.
- Participate to the migration from current in-house + SCCM server build and software packaging infrastructure to a CI/CD solution (Azure DevOps, Ansible, Packer, etc).
- Managing the unattended deployment scripts / tools for the Windows servers Operating systems and related configuration over physical ( HP hardware ) and virtual platforms ( VMware ) .
- Automating middleware application deployment ( +- 80 products ) & related configurations .
- Managing the deployment infrastructure integration , maintenance and evolution ( In-House solution combined with SCCM ).
- Developing , maintaining and improving tools and scripts used to manage the windows Environment operations
- Several years relevant experience in managing large windows server environments.
- Very good Knowledge on windows operating systems and related management component (Microsoft cluster Service (MSCS), Internet Information Service, Active Directory, System Center (SCCM), SQL Always On )
- Very good Knowledge in VMware Virtual Infrastructure management via PowerCLI (vSphere 5.x & higher)
- Very good Knowledge in Powershell scripting for Windows Infrastructure automation and management.
- Knowledge in Windows unattended installation with Windows Deployment Server and Windows Deployment Toolkit
- Knowledge in HP/UCS ILO management and automation Knowledge in software packaging (Windows Installer MSI packages) Knowledge in Desired State Configuration change management Microsoft solution.
- Knowledge in VBScript scripting Knowledge in C# programming language Good knowledge in SCCM
- Client Focused Team player Autonomous, self-learner Structured Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures. Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies). Have a good Communication skills required to cooperate with other team members and people from other teams.
- Have a Good analytical skills/problem solving skills. accurate: focus on quality rather than on speed.
- Essential Languages :Fluently English mandatory
- French or Dutch
- Others :Weekend work required!! : estimated average of once every 6-8 weeks
- Occasionally tasks need to be performed before or after business hours
Contact name: Ellen Luckx