Solution Architect SAP Ariba (Permanent or Freelance)
Solution Architect – Finance, Procurement Solutions & Integration Platforms - Europe
Research, analyze, propose, design and deliver fit-for-purpose solution architectures across business functions/processes and technical domains – more specifically:
- Identify innovation opportunities and developments drawing on inputs from the business, across Solutions, external thought leaders and vendors.
- Lead the effort to analyze integrated systems and recommend appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support solutions goals and strategy.
- Responsible for the quality of, and adherence to, the overall solution design of several related products, as delivered by suppliers.
- Guard the health of the products’ common platforms – ensuring reuse and redesign where needed, proper capacity sizing and respecting limits of cloud platforms.
The role will report to the Lead Solution Architect and work together with several product squads and Enterprise Architects.
1. Communication / Collaboration
- Serve as the contact point for all technology shaping requests in a business domain.
- Provide education to team members on solution architecture directions and goals.
- Evaluate & communicate impacts of architectural decisions (technology selection, design).
- Lead all supplier architectural efforts, utilising cross-functional knowledge (strategy, change management and business process management) for project implementation.
2. Architecture Development & Implementation
- Lead effort to identify and analyse business drivers to derive business, information, application, infrastructure, and security architecture requirements;
- Develop architecture approach for all applicable layers of a solution;
- Lead effort to work with business users, enterprise architect and application developers to develop the overall solution architecture;
- Assist in the development of architectural best practices and standards, including template definitions;
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to solution architects at suppliers;
- Promote & leverage use of solution architecture standards, policies, and procedures across development in projects and programs;
- Review the deliverables throughout the development cycle to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans and standards.
3. Architecture Analysis and Consultation
- Lead effort to review and provide input on proposals from an architectural perspective, including feasibility, practicality, technical viability, and consistency;
- Assess and recommend infrastructure and technical solutions for upgrades to meet business needs.
Qualifications & Experience