Senior Cloud Engineer
home work in line with COVID-19 measurements - offices in the centre of Brussels
Part of the Cloud centre of excellence Team , you will support DEVOPS teams to translate architectural requirements into scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant designs (Native & Hybrid). You also contribute on developing our cloud capabilities following market technology and security best practices.
- Based on functional and security requirements , support devops teams on architecting application.
- Translate architecture principles into detailed technical designs for native and hybrid cloud applications.
- Developing effective cloud infrastructure, enforcing good architectural principles, providing technical oversight, and ensuring security best practices are implemented and followed.
- Develop infrastructure as code on Azure using best practices and support implementations across all environments from dev to production.
- Aid in reviewing design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Directly support our Azure Cloud Environment. Take your deep technical and product expertise, and combine it with your understanding of our Internal customer’s needs to solve their complex business challenges.
- Work with BusDevOps Teams to not only support, but deliver solutions and new capabilities. Be a change agent to develop innovative ways to resolve issues.
- Ability to quickly identify issues to specific Azure Services or the Azure Platform, and being able to conduct in-depth diagnosis on Azure platform and services
- Extending and maintaining automation frameworks in the areas of infrastructure as code and CI/CD
- Build new tools and automation to take maximum benefit of the Cloud capabilities. You will also develop tools and scripts to automate troubleshooting- ,Diagnostic- and other activities.
- Work on critical, highly complex scenarios/patterns that span across multiple Azure services
- Work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, Technical Standards and training materials.
- You have gained several years of experience in designing applications in public cloud ( Azure is a must , others are a plus )
- You have hands-on experience in governing Azure (Management Groups, Subscriptions, Azure Policies, RBAC, security center ...).
- You are familiar with traditional IT architectures ( Virtualisation , Windows, Linux, Storage, Containers .. ).
- You’re familiar with cloud security concepts and able to propose architectures that match security requirements.
- Able to propose High available and fault tolerant architectures
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)..
- Ability to design , implement and troubleshoot a technical hybrid cloud solution ( Azure Services know how to select the appropriate services based on compute, data, or security requirements ) .
- Hands on experience in cloud automation and deployment techniques ( ARM templates , CI/CD etc.)
- Capable to migrate on-premises workloads to Cloud Service Providers.
- Familiar with monitoring and auditing systems
- Very strong interpersonal skills : being excellent in building relationships with our customers and can influence and negotiate to achieve the defined goals/Diplomatic attitude
- Pragmatic : Can distinguish between quick wins and long term goals . Knows what, when and where to check in order to guarantee quality .
- Active listener : As not being the expert , able to actively listen and drive the team to take the right decisions.
- Strong organisational skills: able to reduce complex tasks and situations to clear and manageable items.
- Team player : Understands that teamwork is essential for achieving results.
- Communication skills : Is a good communicator (verbal and written) who keeps his focus on the requirements of his audience.
- Familiar with Agile principles and related artefacts/ceremonies .
- Agile Mindset : Being able to function in a rapidly changing ( agile ) environment
Contact name: Isel Ricaurte