SAP Solution Architect
he SAP Solution Architect develops, executes and maintains an architectural vision and strategy for the area assigned to him/her. This person is the decision taker in solution definition, topic related discussions and estimations, in alignment with application and/or software engineers. The ICT solution Architect takes leadership in the execution of smaller projects or enhancements.
The SAP Solution Architect works closely with the Enterprise Architecture team and sets the framework for a target architecture around SAP and its integration within the overall application landscape.
- Develops and maintains an architectural vision and strategy for the usage of SAP. Follows trends within the IT sector to ensure innovation. Gives input to the ICT director when it comes to the budget required to execute this vision/strategy/roadmap.
- Is responsible for the functional management of internal or external development capacity
- Takes the decisions in solution definition, discussions and estimations in alignment with Enterprise Architecture & ICT Management
- Takes the (technical) lead in the delivery of smaller projects or enhancements (following the PMO principles in case of projects)
- Ensures application management delivery (roadmap follow-up with suppliers – follow-up batch jobs – propose internal improvements - …)
- Is required in some cases to take the role as application engineer, focused on the functional aspect of this job, but technical analysis or support tasks should be minimal.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience as an SAP expert
- Cross-module knowledge, understanding the integration of processes, rather than being the specialist in 1 of the modules
- Proven knowledge and passion in following the market and technological evolutions SAP is going through
- Within its own product offering
- In terms of integration with other applications
- You are open-minded in following new evolutions and what these can offer in the specific context of imec, considering the overall enterprise architecture as well as previous investments
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- You take ownership and can deconstruct complex problems and projects into execution detail