Java Middleware application support engineer
Brussels, occasional travel
System and Support
- Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08:00 am and 06:00 pm from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed + Standby service 06:00 pm ---> 08:00 am + weekends and during public and Commission holidays
- Occasional travel may occur.
- Support and administration of JAVA applications
- Create and maintain the Tickets in our ticket system and follow ITIL best practices.
- Create and update knowledge base for the known issues.
- Installation and deployment of java applications in different environments (Acceptance and Production)
- Monitor the application in the different environments to ensure its availability.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure issues and tuning J2EE application servers to optimize performance
- Set up the monitoring scripts and automate the tasks performed by support team.
- Send out the notifications to the users in case of Downtime during business hours
- Trigger investigations (registration of problems) in order to identify root causes and prevent potential impacts on the application.
- Provide Stand by support when required.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent writing and training skills.
- Understanding of network protocols TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Good Knowledge of application servers (WEBLOGIC, Tomcat, WildFly).
- Good Knowledge of Database Management (MySQL, Oracle RDBMS).
- Good Knowledge of JAVA, J2EE, XML, Web services-SOAP and REST.
- Experience with Linux environments scripting is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of ITIL best practices.
English is mandatory and other European languages are nice to have.
- Middleware products WebLogic, TOMCAT, and Wildfly application server and apache.
- Experience with large scale J2EE deployment java programming or software development life cycle
- Good knowledge of SOA Architecture and Web services (SOAP and REST)
- Experience with SoapUI and free API test tool
- Public key Infrastructure knowledge is nice to have.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- ITIL foundation certification.
Contact name: Recruitment IT Staffing