Head of Supply Chain Operations Data Management
In this position, the head of Supply Chain Operations Data Management will guide the vision and strategy for Global Supply Chain operations data architecture, governance, services and business analytics. The incumbent will also execute the business analytics and data strategy.
The position focuses on establishing and ensuring adherence to a Supply Chain data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs. the scope is defined as all the data that are necessary to support the entire value chain of a product (SCOR model).
He/she leads the Supply Chain Data Governance Board with the purpose to align with the head of E2E processes, head of data & analytics, head of QA SC, head of system architecture and IT.
He/she is also leading the team of Global Supply Chain Master Data Management, composed of :
1) several global Data Stewards:
• Product Master Data
• Manufacturing Master Data
• Distribution Master Data
• Serialization & traceability Master Data
• Customer Master Data
• Vendor Master Data
2) the product Master Data Management System Business Owner and data administration, in charge of the approval of all the pharmaceutical codes created within the company.
3) a Master Data Business Solution Expert: in charge of the MM module in SAP.
4) data administration team in charge of the master data creation and maintenance.
Direct reports: 8
Geographical span: Other DMT client sites, production sites, affiliates
data base of +- 4500 codes active and an average of 130 codes created by month
• Support the GSC organization to setup the right foundations for a digitalization journey.
• Define policies, standards and controls to manage data quality and integrity covering the data lifecycle
• Define roles and translates them across data functions into concrete organizational structure
• Describe the skills and RACI for the entire community concerned by data quality
• Ensure the right systems are in place to manage the data, to use them, to extract them and analyze them.
• Ensure that the SC data strategy is aligned with the business strategy
• Define the SC data management roadmap
• Ensures that the Data stewards are delivering on:
• Develops the data governance, the business processes (for data creation, modification, discontinuation) which help to ensure the formal management of data assets within his scope, regardless where it is created, used and stored.
• Defines and document data and terminology in a relevant glossary with the relevant Business Domain Data Steward. This includes ensuring that each critical data element has a clear definition and the application of data rules.
• Establishes data-quality metrics and requirements, including defining the values, ranges, and parameters that are acceptable for each data element.
• Establishes procedures for detection and correction of data-quality issues.
• Ensures communication and training to main stakeholders across the organization to improve the data literacy of staff.
• Monitors the adherence to the defined process.
• Facilitates new data-driven opportunities for improvement
• Management of the MDM database.
• Code creation for global pharmaceutical commercial products + late phase development products.
- Experience in multinational / multicultural working environment
- 7+ years of experience across a broad range of data systems, architecture, and application components & processes across the entire data value chain - including data warehouses, data lakes, big data, ETL, data modeling, database administration, security, user interface, reporting & analysis.
- Experience in implementing a data management strategy across large organization globally, including places with low resources and intermittent connectivity
- Experience solving complex data problems and delivering business values and efficiency
- Experience implementing, managing and setting the vision for data and business analytics roadmap
- Experience managing a team of technical and functional staff and working in a matrix environment
- Creative thinker with excellent interpersonal, collaboration, & communication skills at all levels, including data professionals, business stakeholders & senior executives