Functional Analyst - Package management
To strengthen our customer's IT teams, we are looking for an (medium) experienced functional analyst, who will think about the design of and around applications during the development process. He or she will develop and describe them functionally, and follow developments from scoping to testing and move to operations. You work closely with Business contacts, but also with the project team or colleagues from other teams. This will always be done under the direction of a project leader / manager or team leader.
The ideal candidate has a Masters Degree such as civil engineer, science, industrial engineer, commercial engineer, computer science, or similar.
You will end up in the IT department, and therefore you also have a broad knowledge of and interest in IT. You show expertise in dealing with package management and package integration. This includes: configuration of the package, analyzing the necessary integration, monitoring the solution, ... Experience with Insurance commercial packages (non-life) and /or integration skills are a strong asset. It is important that you have good functional skills, but technical knowledge (e.g. XML, ESB, Json, webservices) is certainly an asset.
In terms of added value for the customer, you think (in writing, oral, presentation) fluently to both a technical and a non-technical audience; You are multilingual: a good knowledge of English is essential, in addition to the active knowledge of one of the two national languages, and passive knowledge of the other language. You are positive, a team player, creative, a challenger, proactive and inquisitive, flexible and stress-resistant. We think it is important that you can work independently, but are also sufficiently critical. You take initiative, and can challenge users or your own colleagues, but will respect to everybody’s opinion.
• The candidate will work in the IT Data Package management team (insurance domain).
• The team is responsible for the integration of new functionalities in the strategic non-life package and for the integration of that data in the middle and back-end systems.
• The candidate will need a strong capability of thinking about E2E and integration
• The candidate will work mainly on package configuration and integration
• He or she will be responsible of the E2E delivery of changes for projects & maintenance. It includes (but is not limited to):
- the review & challenge of the requirements
- the design of the solution (written and visual)
- the delivery of functional specifications for the technical analysts
- the collaboration with the other analysts within the team
- the collaboration with the the analysts and developers of the other teams
- the functional testing of the changes
- the reporting to project leader and team leade / manager
- the support to business during the validation & roll out to Production
• 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in package management analysis
• Good knowledge in insurance domain (non-life)
• Good communication in English. French and/or Dutch is an asset.
• Knowledge of integration technology (XML / ESB / Json / webservices ) is a plus
• Independent and team player
• Pro-active and Structured
• Flexible and Pragmatic
• Hands on and problem solver
• Client Friendly / Oriented
• Quality driven
• Empathic and positive attitude