Electronic Services Engineer
Function : Junior Electronic Services Engineer
The junior Electronic Services Engineer is responsible for the maintaining and the improving of the MS Exchange, Skype for Business and Proof Point environments.
He or she will deal with projects and will also assist the service desk colleagues in troubleshooting specific incidents or requests.
Proactive approach is required from him or her to increase the stability of the environment and to prevent issues.
He or She will be requested to participate to specific technical meetings in order to define and explain specific approaches linked to projects for which he or she could be asked to take ownership of the execution.
• Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08h00 and 19h00 from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.
• Work on tasks that are assigned by the project manager related with Email/SFB/Epo (Exchange 2010/2016, Antispam tools)
• Check these tasks regularly in JIRA during the sprint as well the deliverables and the success criteria.
• Discuss the project topics with the EC officials and the PM in proper meetings.
• Write design documents and standard operations procedures.
• Setup, test and document procedures related with Exchange configurations like, PowerShell cmd, GPO updates, mailbox migration, skype for business communications, mail routing and SPAM providers
• Implement, communicate, report and close the Changes
• Configuration, Maintenance and administration of corporate Exchange and Skype for Business environments
• Maintaining the effective operation of the Exchange/Skype for Business servers.
• Troubleshoot and resolve software problems related to Exchange/Skype for Business
• Applying upgrades and patches to Exchange/Skype for Business software and servers
• Maintain Exchange database
• Configure, maintain and update Mail gateways
• Responds to alerts delivered by internal monitoring system
• Configure, maintain and update Mail Antivirus/Spam filters
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot mail routing/delivery
• Develop a thorough understanding of the IT environment and enterprise applications.
• Creating, updating and closing all incident tickets in a timely manner.
• Create and maintain documentation
• Assist with strategic planning, systems integration and manageability issues.
• Completion of assigned projects
• Having a certification with MS Exchange 2010/2016
• Having at least 3 years of experience working in an MS Exchange environment and Skype for Business.
• Experience with Powershell.
• Knowledge of MSSQL.
• Knowledge of SCOM.
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly.
• Ability to work in multicultural environment and in a team.
• Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
• Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
• Experience with European Commission is an asset.
• ITIL V3 foundation certification
• Experience with Prince2 / Agile methodologies is an asset.
• Experience with ticketing system (SMT is an asset).
• Experience with SharePoint as user is an asset.
• Knowledge of XPR (Fax solution).
• Knowledge of Forefront, Vamsoft, McAfee MSME.
• Knowledge of MDM Mobile-Iron (Nice to have)
• Experience with CHANGE and RELEASE management is an asset.
Language : Fluent in English both verbal and written