Domain Architect - Core Business Solutions
You will be joining the Enterprise Architecture (EA) department within Group Information and Technology Strategy division, a leading post-trade financial market infrastructure.
The EA team is a multi-disciplinary group of experienced architects in charge of:
- Defining the enterprise architecture directions & standards aligned to the company strategies & goals,
- Creating business cases to develop or transform the IT capabilities supporting the business units’ strategies,
- Maintaining a multi-year IT plan & technology roadmap, and providing steer for the decisions on IT investments,
- Defining IT architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology) to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture directions, and guiding the IT development teams during solution realization.
- You will be a Domain Architect supporting our Group Business Solutions(GBS) technology division, focusing on the core business domains (Settlement, Asset Servicing, Reference Information, Banking, Collateral Management, Funds).
- You will lead - with other Domain & Solution Architects - the definition of strategies, reference/target architectures, building blocks & roadmaps for these domains, aligned to the objectives of the GBS Division.
- You will develop business cases for major evolutions of our IT capabilities and syndicate a wide range of senior stakeholders within business and IT. This includes developing and maintaining the architectural roadmap for Bank services, plus ensuring alignment with the business & enterprise architecture strategies and standards.
- You will cope with systems & problems of the most complex nature, which typically span across functions, locations & organizations.
- You will engage GBS leadership, work with the GBS software engineering teams and deliver the strategy through clear leadership / direction, influence and integration with GBS agile/project development processes.
You have worked for more than 7 years in the IT industry. Experience in Financial Services industry and understanding of the related regulatory environment are a plus.
You have worked as end-to-end solution architect on large-scale transformation projects (> €10 mio) designing, developing and deploying reliable transactional applications for large & complex organizations.
You have proven experience in mainframe & .Net development stacks as well as a good command of Cloud and APIs technologies
You can tackle autonomously all types of architectural analysis and can provide global & pragmatic recommendations adapted to the company context with little guidance.
You have the ability to work high-level such as creating Strategic position papers and Reference Architectures, as well as the ability to zoom on the technical challenges of implementation
You are a problem-solver with strong analytical skills (e.g. breaking up & structuring complex problems into manageable pieces), which you apply to problems spanning across multiple architectural domains.
You strive for a pragmatic approach (80/20 rule) and deliver fit-for-purpose & actionable results.
You are proactive in identifying the need for change and proposing solutions that are innovative & have a significant strategic impact.
You are able to effectively communicate and advocate for the architecture recommendations vis-à-vis project/agile delivery teams and senior business and IT management of the company. You can sell the architecture.
A strong command of English is required and you can travel up to 4-5 days a month (mostly to Brussels).
Knowledge of post-trade market infrastructures (e.g. CSD), knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, IAF) and relevant experience with Agile operating models & frameworks are extra assets.