The ICT department of our client is actively looking for a Analyst candidate with experience in functional and business analysis to support the project “Cabis Renewal”.
This domain covers business activities related to our gas assets (as GRID Maintenance, Engineering, Construction, …). Multiple systems are also used (Geospatial asset management applications, engineering tools as G/Tech, information management systems, .NET developments, SAP PM, ...)
The goal of this project is the implementation of an integrated solution to replace our current application allowing the management of contacts (for dispatching), recording of events on our gas network(eLogbook) and the management of the guard roles.
The candidate will be asked to show interest in this domain, to be able to understand the business needs and to assess the impact on the ICT systems.
- The candidate will have to understand and challenge the needs of internal customers in order to define the real requirements, to give the right advise and to propose the right orientation of the solution (in sync with architecture office).
- Analyze functional/ business problems and choose the most appropriate solution.
- Analyze business requirements and translate them to clear and concise user stories.
- Create business process and functional system documentation using UML-artifacts (business process models, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, information models …)
- Create domain interface specifications (domain driven design)
- Define an “action plan” to deliver user stories by helping the team to break down user stories in tasks
- Produce & follow-up test scenarios for system testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Review analysis deliverables of peers
- Provide support to end-users on production systems
- The ability to understand & challenge the needs of customers and to formalize the derived requirements
- Good knowledge of UML Business Process Modeling (BPMN) techniques
- Experience with UI design
- Strong analytical background
- Problem solver
- Experience providing support to end users
- Fluency in the use of the following tools
- UML modeling tools (e.g. Sparx Enterprise Architect)
- Agile software development tools (e.g. MS Visual Studio TS, …)
- Documentation-communication tools (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Good knowledge of relational databases and being able to write database queries (SQL) on both Oracle and MS SQL Server
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to communicate with different levels: business, management, development teams, ICT operations
- Sound knowledge of software engineering processes and techniques (change management, analysis, iterative developments, test cycles, deployments...)
- Ability to work properly under stress.
- Fluent in Dutch, French and good knowledge of English;
- Coaching skills
- Background knowledge on the energy sector in general and the asset management domain in particular is an asset