The ICT department of our client is actively looking for a business analyst to support the project “Uniface Fade-Out” & “Follow-up of gas pipelines condition assessments” in the functional domain “Asset Management (gas network)”. An experience as project manager is certainly a significant added value.
These domains cover business activities related to our gas assets (as GRID Maintenance, Metering, Engineering, Construction, …). Multiple systems are also used (SAP PM/MM/BW…, mobile applications, Geospatial asset management applications, engineering tools, information management systems, .NET developments...
The candidate will be asked to show interest in these domains, to be able to understand the business needs and to assess the impact on the ICT systems.
The candidate will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- The candidate will have to understand and challenge the needs of internal customers in order to define the real requirements, to give the right advise and to propose the right orientation of the solution (in sync with architecture office)
- Analyze functional/ business problems and choose the most appropriate solution
- Produce precise and formal specifications for systems or business components compliant to the client methodology standards
- Produce & follow-up test scenarios for system testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Review analysis deliverables of peers
Experience in project management:
The candidate will have to provide the different project lifecycle deliverables: ICT project charter together with the business users, ICT project Plan, ICT project stage plans. He will also have to monitor and control the project (actual, earned-value, quality, risks) and communicate to the ICT management.
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to communicate with different levels: business, management, development, ICT operations − Pro-active
- Sound knowledge of software engineering processes and techniques (change management, analysis, iterative developments, test cycles, deployments...) − Project management skills in general − Buy-in and commitment to management process and initiatives
- Problem solver
- Ability to work properly under stress.
- Strong analytical background
- Sound knowledge of Business Process Modeling techniques (including Role Activity Diagrams)
- Sound knowledge of the UML modeling language
- The ability to understand & challenge the needs of customers and to formalize the derived requirements
- Fluent in Dutch, French and good knowledge of English;
- Confirmed business knowledge of at least two of the mentioned business domains. Confirmed experience in the Utility sector is an asset.